- First of all, Congratulations. Let us hear how you feel now.
- Of course I was happy when I was selected, but more than that I felt anxious. "Am I really qualified to be a member, would I do all right?" I still feel the same after 2 weeks since then.
- How did you begin swimming?
- I heard from my mother that my sister (graduated KANTO-GAKUEN High School, belongs to Gunma University) started first and I asked my mother that “I want to swim too!”.
- Why did you choose KANTO-GAKUEN ?
- The school is convenient from my house, close to my swimming school "S-win Tatebayashi", and I was able to take recommendation entrance.
- What is your usual training like?
- My teacher gives me a ride to the club everyday after I finish school around 16:00-17:00. I start from weight training, then I swim from 18:30 to 20:00 for 3days a week and to 20:30 for another 3days. I take rest on Sundays.
- Think you’re having busy days, how do you keep the balance between school work and training?
- Yes, it is difficult. I come home after 9 everyday and want to go to bed by 12 so that there is not much time for studying. I usually take time for it during examine period when school finishes early and on Sundays.
- When did you become conscious of Olympic?
- In the late summer of last year. The team had already won the place for relay in the Olympic at the world championship, and I started to train harder to join the training camp in the winter. I had succeeded to win in the interscholastic athletic meet already so.
- Were you confident of your victory at Japan championship which you won the place for the Olympic?
- Yes, I thought I could. I was happy to receive massages from my friends, saying “Congratulations!”.
- What is your aim at the Olympic?
- First, I will aim the prize,meaning at least 8th which requires record time of 53.06 seconds.
- Tell us attractive points of KANTO-GAKUEN High School.
- Teachers support me on studying in many ways when I need to be away from school.
I heard from my sister that they put a lot of energy teaching her essay for the entrance examination.
Being close to the club is also the best point for me. If it wasn't, I would not make such good results from tiredness and stress. I think, not only sports, if you want to try something hard, it's good to choose Kanto than public schools.